Thursday, July 2, 2009

Here in Guatemala

well, we have now been in guatemala for a night and a half of today. It has been great! This place is truly wonderful from the breath taking scenery on this mountain down to our new friends we have made here.
Honestly though, apart from being surrounded by beauty, I feel dumb when spoken to in espanol. At the airport, here in Guatemala,we went through customs. Alicia and myself were approached by one of the customs agents and asked (in spanish) something or the other.... and my mouth hung open with no words to come out. And this ensued for the rest of last night. Today I have succeeded in more mouth hanging but also have been able to get out some spanish that I learned in high school and at work (with mexicans), I expect that by the end of the two weeks I will be doing much better, especially with the natives teaching me as they are.
So, this morning we had a devotion (also one last night that I really enjoyed) and ate breakfast. Afterwards we walked around and checked the place out better and were able to take a walk up the mountain that panimaquin rests upon. We were accompanied by a real cool guy named Mario whom I was able to speak with on a limited basis. Being a born and bred Florida boy, I became winded fairly quickly because of the high altitude and incline on which we were walking but it was well worth it because the veiws are amazing. Once on top of the mountain we had a prayer time and I felt that God was so real and so much bigger than I have imagined and yet still so close to our hearts, which makes me feel that much more loved. Our great God who is beyond all we could want or imagine still comes to us and makes His home within us... it's a good feeling to be pursued and wanted even in our unworthiness.
I will update again soon enough... te amo me famalia.

No comments:

Post a Comment